Exciting news Tar Heels! ESPN’s College GameDay is coming to Times Square THIS WEEKEND and YOU can be a part of it. They want to see which fan base “owns” New York, so let’s show them how much spirit we have! Fans are encouraged to bring signs, and don’t forget to wear your Carolina Blue!!
Here’s the info, courtesy of ESPN:
Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, and Lee Corso will be hosting College GameDay from 9 a.m. to noon ET on Sept. 23. Fans should consider arriving early; they will be setting up at 44th and Broadway.
There’s no admission charge, though the crowd space can fill up quickly. Also note that although football is played in a stadium, GameDay does not have stadium—or any other type—of seating, so wearing comfortable clothes and shoes is a good idea.
Rules for “The Pit”
• Fans may arrive early to begin lining up for access to the pit at 4AM ET, with the area being open around 5AM
• Fans entering the pit will be checked by a security wand
• No bags, backpacks, or purses permitted in the pit
• No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or solicitation signage will be allowed (i.e., no political, religious, or .com, .org, .net signage)
• No signs on a stick
• No pens, pencils, markers or dry erase boards
• No food or drinks
• Throwing of objects is prohibited